BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre's block party fundraiser, called Dancin' in the Streets, returns to Perkins Rowe on Saturday, March 25.
The event will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. and will feature live music by Phat Hat, as well as food and drinks from local restaurants and vendors. Restaurants and vendors participating include:
- Ava Street Café
- Bin 77
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company United
- The Gregory
- Hawk's Nest
- Heineken USA & Crescent Crown
- La Madeleine
- Lava Cantina
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Paul Bologna Fine Wines
- Phil's Oyster Bar & Seafood Restaurant
- Raising Cane's
- Stroubes Seafood & Steaks
- Tallulah Crafted Food & Wine Bar
- VooDoo BBQ
At the event will be a wine toss, gift card pull, and a silent auction with prizes from more than 70 local businesses.
"A celebration of delicious food, cocktails, and dancing," is how event co-chair, Katherine Landry, describes the party. "It's a fun way to support the arts in our community with a showcase of Baton Rouge's local restaurants, live entertainment, and lots of fun prizes."
Tickets are $55 per person until 5 p.m. on Friday, March 24 or $65 at the door. Tickets can be purchased online here, or by calling 225-766-8379.
Raffle tickets are currently on sale for a drawing during the event. Raffle tickets are $5 each and can be purchased in advance through the BRBT office. Raffle prizes include:
- 32" 4-burner gas BBQ grill, donated by shopperschoice.com
- Private movie screening with popcorn for 20 people, donated by Celtic Studios
- $500 shopping spree, donated by Perkins Rowe
- Yeti Hopper filled with local products, donated by shopperschoice.com
- "Staycation" package including two VIP tickets to BRBT's Rapunzel: A Storybook ballet and a one-night stay at L'Auberge Hotel with dinner for two at 18 Steak, donated by L'Auberge Baton Rouge
For more information about the block party fundraiser, contact Christy Benoit at email@example.com or call 225-766-8379.