HAPPENING TODAY: Rain moves into the area, as eyes remain focuse - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Download on Android Download on Ios

HAPPENING TODAY: Rain moves into the area, as eyes remain focused on tropics

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

If viewing on a mobile device, CLICK HERE to watch live

Okay, where is it now? Invest 90L is still swirling south of the Gulf, but it’s knocking on the door. Diane Deaton has a look at the latest numbers and the projected path as you try to figure out your weekend plans. Click here for more

Plus, Liz Koh is live with “The Bug Bite Thing" results. We find out how she's doing 24 hours after she stuck both arms into a box filled with mosquitoes and does that thing work? Click here for more

And, it was a tough loss for LSU baseball to the top team in the country at the SEC Tournament, but the Tigers will be back at it Thursday. Click here for more

WEATHER:

For the first time in several days, areas of light to moderate rain is showing up on FIRST ALERT Doppler radar to impact your morning drive. The showers aren’t expected to last through the entire early commute, but will redevelop later in the day, with 50% coverage expected and yet another afternoon with a high topping out at 90°. Overnight, it will be mostly cloudy, with 20% to 30% rain chance and a low in the lower 70°s. Friday, there will be a 50% - 60% coverage of showers and storms, with a high in the upper 80°s.

TRAFFIC:

LOCAL NEWS:

NATIONAL NEWS:

SPORTS:

ENTERTAINMENT:

WAFB.com is your home for all things WAFB, news, weather, sports, traffic, investigative reports, and much more. Whether you're just starting your day or tracking a tropical system, WAFB.com has all the information you need.

Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.

  • Local/State NewsMore>>

  • State offers sales discount on hurricane supplies

    State offers sales discount on hurricane supplies

    Friday, May 25 2018 4:37 AM EDT2018-05-25 08:37:53 GMT
    A state sales tax holiday will be held Memorial Day weekend so residents can stock up on hurricane supplies (Source: WAFB)A state sales tax holiday will be held Memorial Day weekend so residents can stock up on hurricane supplies (Source: WAFB)

    Memorial Day weekend may be the best time to stock up on supplies for hurricane season. On Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27, the sales tax will drop from 5 to 3 percent on various items people need for storm preparation.

    More >>

    Memorial Day weekend may be the best time to stock up on supplies for hurricane season. On Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27, the sales tax will drop from 5 to 3 percent on various items people need for storm preparation.

    More >>
  • Five common food and drug interactions

    Five common food and drug interactions

    Even healthy foods can sometimes do harm if combined with the wrong medications (Source: WAFB)Even healthy foods can sometimes do harm if combined with the wrong medications (Source: WAFB)
    Even healthy foods can sometimes do harm if combined with the wrong medications (Source: WAFB)Even healthy foods can sometimes do harm if combined with the wrong medications (Source: WAFB)

    Many foods can interact with drugs by delaying, decreasing, or inhibiting the body’s ability to absorb the medicine. On the other hand, some medicines require food to help the body absorb them better.

    More >>

    Many foods can interact with drugs by delaying, decreasing, or inhibiting the body’s ability to absorb the medicine. On the other hand, some medicines require food to help the body absorb them better.

    More >>
  • Committee moves bill that could help close budget gap

    Committee moves bill that could help close budget gap

    The House Committee on Ways and Means moves a bill that could help close the state's budget gap (Source: WAFB)The House Committee on Ways and Means moves a bill that could help close the state's budget gap (Source: WAFB)
    The House Committee on Ways and Means moves a bill that could help close the state's budget gap (Source: WAFB)The House Committee on Ways and Means moves a bill that could help close the state's budget gap (Source: WAFB)

    The House Committee on Ways and Means moved a bill by Rep. Lance Harris, R-Alexandria that could help to close the $648 million budget gap.

    More >>

    The House Committee on Ways and Means moved a bill by Rep. Lance Harris, R-Alexandria that could help to close the $648 million budget gap.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly