GEISMAR, LA (WAFB) - On Monday, January 9, Kermit Jackson was shot multiple times on Carrie Lane near LA 74 in Geismar. It happened at roughly 10 a.m.
If viewing this story on a mobile device or in an email, click the link for additional features - http://bit.ly/2jMIAcF
At the scene, Ascension Parish Sheriff Jeff Wiley told WAFB that he believed the crime was committed by "gangsters with guns and cars and vendettas and paybacks and all that stuff that we seem to encounter in America nowadays."
Jackson, 39, died several days after the shooting.
Four suspects were identified in connection to the case and a fifth person was arrested for obstruction of justice.
The stories below are listed in order of newest (top) to oldest (bottom)
- Five people indicted in connection with 'gangsters with guns' shooting death in January
- Second 'gangsters with guns' at-large shooting suspect arrested in West Baton Rouge
- One of two 'gangsters with guns' suspects still at large turns himself in
- Victim of Geismar 'gangsters with guns' shooting dies, name released
- Sheriff offers reward in 'gangsters with guns' shooting
- 2 arrested, 2 wanted for shooting Sheriff said was committed by 'gangsters with guns'
- Sheriff says he believes shooting was 'gangsters with guns'