Fire investigators blame pot on stove for early morning apartmen - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire investigators blame pot on stove for early morning apartment fire

(Source: WAFB) (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire investigators said a pot left on the stove led to an apartment fire early Thursday morning, but fortunately, everyone living in the building was able to escape safely.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on Stan Avenue, which is not far from the intersection of North Sherwood Forest Drive and South Choctaw Drive, around 12:45 a.m.

Mark Miles with BRFD said firefighters saw flames in a downstairs apartment when they arrived. He added they were able to keep the fire from spreading to any other apartments, but one of the other apartments has water damage.

The complex has eight units and all had someone living in them.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly