Fire at Devonshire Apts. caused by heating unit in attic - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire at Devonshire Apts. caused by heating unit in attic

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

On Sunday, December 18, the St. George Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at the Devonshire Apartments on Airline Hwy.

Around 1 p.m., three engines, one ladder, and one rescue company were dispatched to the fire, which was under control 15 minutes later. No one was injured in the incident.

Officials say the fire was caused by a heating unit in the attic of one of the apartments. Thanks to the quick response by the St. George Fire Department, the fire was contained to the apartment of origin and did not spread to any other units.

RELATED: Chilly temps pose increased fire risk

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.  

 

Powered by Frankly