BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - On Sunday, November 27, April Peck, 30, was shot and killed on Essen Ln.
Sheriff's deputies say 48-year-old Terrell Walker, of Baton Rouge, identified as the alleged shooter, pushed Peck out of a vehicle onto Essen Lane after shooting her. Walker was Peck's live-in boyfriend, according to authorities.
A high school senior from Central, Daniel Wesley, 17, ran to her aid and was shot twice and run over by Walker.
Walker died after he was involved in a shoutout with deputies.
A GoFundMe account has been set up in support of the two young boys Peck leaves behind.
- District Attorney, LSU basketball team 'adopts' sons of murder victim
- Sister of slain woman visits teen who was wounded while trying to save her
- OUR TURN: Teen hero
- GoFundMe account set up for children of Essen shooting victim
- Doctor recalls trying to save lives during Essen Lane shooting
- Good Samaritan tells his story of being shot, run over while helping woman
- Victim, alleged shooter identified; suspect in deadly shooting killed after shootout with deputies