BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A fire at a Baton Rouge fast food restaurant sent clouds of black smoke billowing into the sky Tuesday morning.
The St. George Fire Department said it happened at the Burger King on Bluebonnet Boulevard near I-10 around 10:15 a.m.
Eldon Ledoux with SGFD said investigators determined it was a grease fire. He added it was declared under control at 11 a.m.
Officials said all workers and customers inside when the fire started made it out safely and no injuries were reported.
According to Ledoux, most of the damage from the fire was to the kitchen area, but the rest of the building had heavy smoke damage.
Ledoux added the fire hydrants in that area are in the median on Bluebonnet, so traffic was redirected by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office for about an hour.