Electrical problem sparks house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical problem sparks house fire

(Source: WAFB) (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire investigators said an "electrical malfunction" caused a house fire Sunday afternoon.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on Henderson Avenue, which is off Greenwell Street between I-110 and Plank Road, around 4:30 p.m.

Curt Monte with BRFD said the people at the home told firefighters an electrical outlet started sparking in the living room, starting the fire.

He said responding firefighters reported the living area was engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene.

He added firefighters were able to keep the flames contained to the living area and kitchen, but the rest of the home had heavy smoke damage.

The Red Cross was contacted to help the victims.

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly