FRANKLIN, LA (WAFB) - St. Mary's Parish Sheriff's Office deputies recovered stolen guns and a large amount of drugs during a routine traffic stop.
While on criminal patrol on US 90, deputies observed a vehicle fail to signal a lane and conducted a routine traffic stop in Berwick.
Authorities say the occupants of the vehicle were 32-year-old Raymundo Pizano-Montes, of Bayou Vista, and 20-year-old Joshua Miller, of Berwick, who was the driver.
According to deputies, Miller was driving with a suspended license.
While speaking with police, Miller gave authorities permission to search his vehicle to which they found small sheets of LSD with an estimated street value of $8,000. Deputies also found Xanax pills, marijuana, and a dozen firearms.
Upon the Narcotics Section of SMPSO investigating the drugs and guns, detectives found that the guns were being transported to be sold out-of-state and 2 of the guns were reported stolen.
Detectives also seized over $14,5000 in cash, which authorities suspect of being derived from illegal drug sales.
Pizano-Montes was arrested and booked on November 18 on the following charges:
- 2 counts of possession of a schedule I narcotic with intent to distribute (LSD, marijuana)
- Possession of a schedule IV narcotic with intent to distribute (Xanax)
- 2 counts of possession of stolen firearms
- Illegal carring of weapons
- Possession of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a juvenile
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Miller was also arrested and booked on November 18 and charged with failure to signal and driving with a suspended license.