BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A portion of Coursey Blvd will be closed to traffic for a little over a week for intersection improvements, officials say.
Beginning October 28, 2016 at 8 p.m., Coursey will be closed at Jones Creek Road. It will remain closed until November 10, 2016 at 6 a.m.
Drivers are encouraged to take an alternative route:
- The primary detour for the Coursey Blvd. closure will be to and from Stumberg Lane, Jefferson Highway/Tiger Bend Road and Jones Creek Road.
- Local traffic access only will be allowed on Coursey Blvd. east of Stumberg Lane.
- Local traffic access only will be allowed on Market Street.
- Access to local businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Jones Creek Road as well as George O’Neal Road will remain open.
Officials say the closure will allow for improvements to Coursey Boulevard, Jones Creek Road and George O'Neal Road intersections.