BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - One of the first disaster recovery centers set up in East Baton Rouge Parish will be closing by the end of the week, according to FEMA officials.
FEMA said the center inside the Zachary Men's Club on Rollins Road will close at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 20.
Flood victims can still get help at any of the open disaster recovery centers (DCRs), calling the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362, or downloading the FEMA mobile app.
As of Thursday, Oct. 20, FEMA will have 16 DCRs open across south Louisiana. The centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day until further notice.
The centers are at the following locations:
- Abbeville: Old Health Unit, 401 S. St. Charles St.
- Amite: Amite City Office Complex, 721 S. First St.
- Baker: Baker Council on Aging, 3334 Jefferson St.
- Baton Rouge: Celtic Studios, 10000 Celtic Drive
- Baton Rouge: New Hope Baptist Church, 5856 Greenwell Springs Rd.
- Baton Rouge: Second Baptist Church, 914 North Acadian Thruway
- Baton Rouge: St. Louis King of France Catholic Church, 2121 North Sherwood Forest Drive
- Central: Central City Hall, 13421 Hooper Road
- Denham Springs: Bass Pro Shops, 175 Bass Pro Boulevard
- Denham Springs: North Park Recreation Center, 30372 Eden Church Road
- French Settlement: St. Joseph Catholic Church, 15710 Hwy 16
- Gonzales: Lamar Dixon Expo, 9039 South St. Landry Ave.
- ?Hammond: Former Parish Tourism Building, 42271 S. Morrison Blvd.
- Lafayette: 301 W. University Ave.
- New Iberia: The Iberia Parish Fire Protection District Training Center, 2417 Darnell Road
- ?Walker: Recreation Center at Sidney Hutchinson Park, 13750 Ball Park Road
For more information or to register with FEMA, go online with any computer, smartphone or tablet to DisasterAssistance.gov, call the FEMA helpline, or download the FEMA mobile app. Help is available in most languages and the FEMA helpline is open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week, until further notice.