BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Dr. David Baker, the primary veterinarian for Mike VI, issued a letter to explain the timetable surrounding LSU's live tiger mascot being euthanized.
Mike VI was born on July 23, 2005 and adopted by LSU in 2007. He was 11 years old at the time of his passing.
On a mobile device? Click here for a photo gallery of Mike VI
- LSU fans honor Mike VI with memorial service
- Mike VI has passed away; memorial service set for Wednesday
- Fans share stories about Mike the Tiger as he's moved into hospice care
- Fans react to Mike the Tiger's worsening health
- LSU's Mike VI's cancer spreads; doctors say could have 1 to 2 months to live
- Mike VI will remain in habitat for home games during 2016 football season
- Mike the Tiger spotted in habitat while battling form of cancer
- Mike VI transported back to his habitat after getting cancer treatment
- Mike VI transported to Mary Bird Perkins - OLOL Cancer Center to begin treatment preps
- PETA asks LSU to stop using captive tigers as mascots
- LSU reports Mike VI diagnosed with 'extremely rare form' of cancer