Good posture is very important to walking correctly. Use these steps to help improve your posture.
- Stand up straight.
- Think of being a tall and straight, do not arch your back.
- Do not lean forward or lean back. (Leaning puts strain on the back muscles.)
- Eyes forward. (Don't look down, look 20 feet ahead.)
- Chin up (parallel to the ground). This reduces strain on neck and back.
- Shrug once and let your shoulders fall and relax, your shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in your stomach
- Tuck in your behind - rotate your hip forward slightly. This will keep you from arching your back.