BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - On September 28 around 10:15 p.m., a deputy was on patrol when a Lincoln Navigator was observed violating traffic laws, including disregarding a stop sign and failing to signal at numerous intersections.
A traffic stop was conducted. According to BRPD, when the officer approached the vehicle, the two occupants, Anthony Braden, 33, and a juvenile, exited in an attempt to flee while throwing away large quantities of drugs, including marijuana (475 grams), cocaine (11.3 grams), and ecstacy (2,000 dosage units).
After taking custody of the suspects, officers found two fully-loaded firearms. A stolen Smith and Wesson .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol and a Hi-Point .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol were confiscated.
Braden was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and is charged with the following:
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule I controlled substances (marijuana)
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule II controlled substances (cocaine)
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule I controlled substances (MDMA ecstacy)
- Possession of a firearm with controlled substances
- Possession of a stolen firearm.
The juvenile was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Juvenile facility.