BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Southern University has released the parking and tailgating rules and regulations for home football games during the 2016 season.
University officials ask all the fans to adhere to the rules to allow everyone to enjoy the tailgating and football atmosphere on campus.
The Southern football team will play four football games at home this season. The Jaguars play their home opener against Alabama State on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
The following are the rules and regulations released by the university:
- Individual vehicles will not be allowed to park in RV lots. All motor homes and fifth-wheelers must park in the areas designated for motor homes. If you will be towing a vehicle, you must purchase a parking permit for the vehicle and park it in the designated lot that corresponds to the permit.
- For safety reasons, fans are not allowed to bring four wheelers, ATVs or motorized scooters; otherwise known as non-licensed vehicles, on campus on game day.
- Patrons must utilize only the space they purchased and were assigned.
- Food, drink and other items may not be sold; however, tailgaters may give their personal guests as much food and drink as they wish. Industrial cookers will not be allowed in the parking lot.
- Parking permits must be visibly displayed at all times. Vehicle parked in reserved parking lots without displaying a reserved parking hangtag for that lot will be towed.
- Trash and other materials may not be dumped on University Grounds.
- Amplifiers and sound equipment must be confined to patron's vehicle and must not be objectionable to others.
- Vehicles will be granted access to lots assigned to them via their parking permits. No "drop off" permits will be issued. Patrons will not be allowed to drop off food or supplies to other patrons without possessing the proper permit.
- Tailgating activities must not interfere with travel lanes in parking lots. Tables, chairs, tents and other materials must not block travel lanes.
- Tailgating must not interfere with, nor obstruct parking in parking lots. A parking permit entitles the holder to park a vehicle and is not designated as a means to reserve a space for someone else. Only one space per pass.
- All motor homes must have exhaust extensions going to the top of the motor home. The exhaust levels can be dangerously high in a confined, well populated area.