BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Two disaster recovery centers set up in south Louisiana will be closing by the end of the week, according to FEMA officials.
FEMA said the center on Turner Drive in Port Allen will close at noon Friday and the center inside the East Iberville Gym in St. Gabriel will also close on Friday at 6 p.m.
Flood victims can still get help at any of the open disaster recovery centers (DCRs). As of Tuesday, Sept. 13, FEMA has 24 DCRs open across south Louisiana,. The centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day until further notice.
The centers are at the following locations:
- Abbeville: Old Health Unit, 401 S. St. Charles St.
- Amite: Amite City Office Complex, 721 S. First St.
- Baker: Baker Council on Aging, 3334 Jefferson St.
- Baton Rouge: Celtic Studios, 10000 Celtic Drive
- Baton Rouge: New Hope Baptist Church, 5856 Greenwell Springs Rd.
- Baton Rouge: Second Baptist Church, 914 North Acadian Thruway
- Baton Rouge: St. Louis King of France Catholic Church, 2121 North Sherwood Forest Drive
- Breaux Bridge: Veterans Home, 800 Veterans Drive
- Central: Central City Hall, 13421 Hooper Road
- Clinton: Early Learning Center Gym, 9414 Plank Road
- Denham Springs: Bass Pro Shops, 175 Bass Pro Boulevard
- Denham Springs: North Park Recreation Center, 30372 Eden Church Road
- French Settlement: St. Joseph Catholic Church, 15710 Hwy 16
- Gonzales: Lamar Dixon Expo, 9039 South St. Landry Ave.
- Greensburg: St. Helena Environmental Health Unit, 53 N. 2nd St.
- Hammond: Former Parish Tourism Building, 42271 S. Morrison Blvd.
- Lafayette: 301 W. University Ave.
- New Iberia: The Iberia Parish Fire Protection District Training Center, 2417 Darnell Road
- New Roads: False River Parking Lot, 1200 Major Parkway
- Port Allen: LSU Center at the 4-H Compound, 210 Turner Drive (Closes Friday, Sept. 15)
- Springfield: American Legion Hall, 26200 Highway 43
- St. Gabriel: East Iberville Gym, 3265 Highway 75 (Closes Friday, Sept. 15)
- Walker: Recreation Center at Sidney Hutchinson Park, 13750 Ball Park Road
- Zachary: Zachary Men's Club, 5746 Rollins Rd.
Child care service is now available for Louisiana survivors while they are visiting the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center at Celtic Studios in Baton Rouge. Parents of children ages 3-12 may use the free child care service while they conduct business at the Disaster Recovery Center. The child care service is not a day care and children cannot be left at the Disaster Recovery Center. Upon check in, a parent is given a numbered badge that is identical to one placed on his or her child. This badging process ensures that only the child's parent can check the child out of the care service.