BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Louisiana State Police announced the Office of Motor Vehicles is making some changes due to the overwhelming demand for services because of flooded vehicles.
Troopers said the OMV is now offering a link on its website that will allow customers to cancel the license plate on their vehicle without having to visit an OMV office.
Officials said customers will need to enter the VIN and plate number, along with the zip code of the registered owner of the vehicle. They added a receipt should be printed and the license plate discarded after the required information is entered.
According to LSP, OMV is also extending office hours for some locations from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. beginning Tuesday, Sept. 6 through Friday, Sept. 9 and from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 10.
The following offices have extended office hours:
- Abbeville: 112 Rue Centre
- Amite: 112 East Mulberry Street
- Baton Rouge: 7701 Independence Blvd
- Breaux Bridge: 101 Berard Street Suite D
- Gonzales: 1056 E. Worthey Street Suite A
- Greensburg: 38 South Main
- Houma: 108 Capital Blvd
- Lake Charles: 951 Main Street
- Lafayette: 3241 N.W. Evangeline Thruway Suite A
- Livingston: 20355 Government Blvd
- New Iberia: 1613 East Main Street
- New Orleans: 100 Veterans Blvd
- Port Allen: 782 Louisiana Avenue