BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - On a mobile device? Click here to take a look at the HUD-approved trailers.
The first set of FEMA temporary housing units are expected to arrive in south Louisiana Friday.
So far, 56 people have been approved to get one of the manufactured housing units or MHUs as they are called.
"We have 100,000 registered for FEMA. 56 people vetted now. 214 in the queue that been approved but we need to inspect," said Willie Nunn with FEMA.
FEMA is first looking at people who can keep one of their own property. It would be placed in either the front or back yards and they would have to have access to power, water, and sewage as well as be out of a flood zone.
The options available for the mobile homes include one, two or three bedroom or a handicap accessible.
Some have wondered if these are the same from Hurricane Katrina.
"In Katrina, I would say it was travel trailers, it was all hands on deck," Nunn said. "These are the trailers that come from qualified, safe and secure. These are federally-inspected mobile homes that we can rest assured are safe for the inhabitant."
FEMA said they are also looking at commercial RV and mobile lots. Beyond that, it is up to the state and local officials to decide whether there will be specific parks set aside to house groups of the mobile homes.
CONTINUING COVERAGE: 2016 Historic Flooding