Fire investigators: Homeowner says fire caused by dog knocking o - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire investigators: Homeowner says fire caused by dog knocking over candle

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire investigators said an accidental fire caused severe damage to a home early Wednesday.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on North 20th Street just before 4 a.m.

Curt Monte with BRFD said the homeowner told investigators the fire was caused by his dog knocking over a candle in the living room.

Monte added the living room and kitchen were engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on the scene.

Firemen were able to quickly put out the fire, but it caused significant damage.

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly