BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services has released information for the first of three phases for the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for residents to finalize applications for DSNAP benefits.
The following locations will begin receiving assisting applicants on Monday, August 22:
East Feliciana Parish ZIP Codes 70722, 70730, 70748, 70761, 70777, and 70791:
- Early Learning Center, 9414 Hwy 67 (Plank Road), Clinton
Iberia Parish ZIP Codes 70518, 70528, 70552, 70560, 70563, and 70592:
- South LA Community College, 908 Ember Dr., New Iberia
Livingston Parish (all ZIP codes):
- Amvets Post 68, 26890 Hwy 42, Springfield
- Judson Baptist Church, 32470 Walker North, Walker
Pointe Coupee Parish ZIP Codes 70749, 70760, and 70783:
- Pointe Coupee Multi-Use Facility, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads
St. Helena Parish (all ZIP codes):
- Greater Turner Chapel AME, 875 Turner Chapel Rd, Greensburg
St. Landry Parish ZIP Codes 70512, 70525, 70535, 70541, 70550, 70570, 70577, 70584, 70586, 70589, 70750, and 71358:
- Southeast Community Center, 101 City Avenue, Eunice
- Opelousas Civic Center, 1638 Creswell Lane Ext., Opelousas
Tangipahoa Parish ZIP Codes 70401, 70403, 70422, 70443, 70444, 70446, 70454, 70455, 70456, 70465, and 70466:
- Eagle Heights Community Church, 47318 Rufus Bankston Rd., Tickfaw
Vermilion Parish ZIP Codes 70510, 70533, 70548, 70555, 70575, 70578, and 70592:
- First Baptist Church, 210 N. St. Charles, Abbeville
The first eight parishes will serve applicants on a staggered, alphabetical schedule. Only residents who have pre-registered for DSNAP benefits should go to the locations in the parish they resided during the flood. only on the days indicated by the first letter of their last name. Those who are unable to visit the sites on their designated day should go on one of the final days specified.
- Monday, August 22: A-D
- Tuesday, August 23: E-K
- Wednesday, August 24: L-R
- Thursday. August 25: S-Z
- Friday, August 26: A-K (applicants unable to make prior scheduled day)
- Saturday, August 27: L-Z (applicants unable to make prior scheduled day)
Phase two which will include Acadia, Ascension, East Baton Rouge and Lafayette Parishes will begin on Monday, August 29 and end Saturday, September 3. Phase three which will include Avoyelles, Evangeline, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, St. Martin, Washington, and West Feliciana Parishes will begin on Monday, September 5 and Saturday, September 10.
Sites for the remaining parishes will be released one they are finalized.
To pre-register, visit the DSNAP website at www.dcfs.la.gov/preregister.