BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Capital Area Transit System (CATS) is getting back to servicing a limited number of lines following the flooding.
Officials said 13 routes will be operating Monday. They added they are evaluating road conditions and staffing levels in helping them decide which routes to operate at this time. Officials stressed the safety of CATS operators and riders is its top concern.
The following routes will run on Monday:
- 8 - Gus Young / BRCC
- 10 - Scenic Hwy. / Southern Univ.
- 12 - Government St. / Jefferson Hwy
- 14 - Thomas Delpit Dr.
- 17 - Perkins Rd. - Mall of Louisiana
- 21 - Fairfields Ave. - Cortana Mall
- 22 - Winbourne Ave. - Cortana Mall (with detour)
- 41 - Plank Rd.
- 44 - Florida Blvd. - Cortana Mall
- 46 - Gardere / OLOL / L'Auberge
- 47 - Highland Rd.
- 72 - Florida Blvd. Limited Stops
Riders with questions should contact Customer Care for updated information at 225-389-8282.
They added CATS has been helping with evacuations and rescues in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas. So far, CATS has transported more than 3,000 rescued residents.