ASCENSION PARISH, LA (WAFB) - The Ascension Parish School board received 11 applications for the position of Superintendent of Ascension Public Schools.
Those candidates are:
- David Alexander (Master of Arts, Louisiana State University) Director of Education, Associated Builders and Contractors -- Pelican Chapter BR Training Center
- Tyrone Burton (Master of Administration and Supervision, Louisiana State University Shreveport) Principal, Caddo Parish Schools
- Joey Comeaux (Master of Science, Nicholls State University) Director, Assumption Parish School Board
- Kathryn Cox (Master of Arts, Emory University) Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Education Delivery Institute (Washington, D.C.)
- Elizabeth Duran Swinford (Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University) Consultant/Superintendent, Tuscaloosa County Schools (Alabama)
- Albert DuPont (Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University) Senior Manager, Houston Independent School District (Texas)
- Arthur Joffrion, Jr. (Ed.D., Southeastern Louisiana University) Executive Assistant Superintendent, Rapides Parish School District
- Victoria Miles (Ph.D., Saint Louis University) Director of Federal Programs/Director of General Education Support, Keller Independent School District (Texas)
- Esrom Pitre (Ph.D., Colorado State University) Associate Professor of Educational Leadership, Southern University
- Carolyn Smith (Ph.D., Louisiana State University) Professor, Baton Rouge Community College
- Jerri Williams (Ph.D., Capella University) Superintendent, Albion Public Schools (Michigan)
These applications were received by July 18, which was the deadline to enter.
As per state law, the board will not take action until their next voting meeting on Tuesday, July 26. At that meeting, the board will either select candidates to interview or appoint a new Superintendent.
For more information, visit www.apsb.org/SuperintendentSearch.