BRFD: House fire caused by kid playing with matches - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

BRFD: House fire caused by kid playing with matches

(Source: WAFB) (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Officials said a kid playing with matches was the cause behind a house fire Tuesday night.

Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department received a call at 8:21 p.m. about a house fire on Paige Street at Simplex Street. They reported finding smoke coming from the house when they arrived. 

According to Mark Miles with BRFD, firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom where it started and put it out shortly after 8:30 p.m. However, officials said the rest of the house did receive heavy smoke and heat damage.

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly