Electrical short allegedly causes fire on Summit Ridge Drive

Electrical short allegedly causes fire on Summit Ridge Drive

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Saturday night, firefighters rushed to the scene of a home on fire on Summit Ridge Dr. in Baton Rouge. Crews worked to battle the flames in the bathroom.

Investigators say the rest of the home only received smoke damage. The fire allegedly was started by an electrical short.

Fortunately, Baton Rouge firefighters say no one was living at home at the time.

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.