Baton Rouge firefighters put out apartment fire caused by unatte - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Baton Rouge firefighters put out apartment fire caused by unattended pot

(Source: WAFB) (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Baton Rouge firefighters battled to keep an apartment fire from getting out of control. 

Crews were called out to the Somerset Square Apartments in the 11000 block of Stan Avenue, near the intersection of North Sherwood and South Choctaw, after 7 p.m. Wednesday. 

Officials with the Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire was caused by a pot left unattended on the stove. 

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area of an upstairs apartment, but the building received heavy water and smoke damage. 

Officials said the Red Cross was called out the help the family.

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly