BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The St. George Fire Department responded to reports of a fire in Perkins Rowe Friday afternoon.
Firefighters were dispatched to the residential area above Texas de Brazil at 5:22 p.m.
A news release by St. George fire officials say while first responders encountered smoke and heat, no fire nor victims were found. Texas de Brazil employees and customers, as well as residents of the residential building were evacuated safely without incident.
Firefighters were able to find and extinguish smoldering material from an attic area between the first and second floors of the building.
Investigators are still attempting to find a source for the ignition.