Expecting moms can get a little health help on Thursday at the Baton Rouge General Birthing Center. They are hosting a Bloom event to help new and expectant moms talk with medical experts and tour the facility. They're going to have some great food and prizes, too.
Also happening Thursday, a great meal will make anyone happy, but going out to eat this night has an even greater benefit. Nine local restaurants will participate in a fundraising effort for the HIV/AIDS organization HAART. All you have to do is order some food and they'll donate 25 percent of the bill to HAART. Click here to learn more about this event. Participating restaurants include:
- 18 Steak, L’Auberge Casino, Dinner
- Beausoleil, Bocage Shopping Center, Dinner
- Bistro Byronz, Government & Willow Grove, Lunch
- Boil & Roux, Sherwood at Coursey, Lunch
- Burgersmith, Perkins at Acadian & Siegen, Dinner and Alcohol
- House of Jamba, Government, Lunch
- Mellow Mushroom, Burbank, Lunch, Dinner, Alcohol
- Mestizos, Acadian, Dinner
- Monjunis, Jefferson HwyLunch, Dinner, Alcohol, Take Out
Friday: End the week with a bang at Live After 5. Performing this week is the local cover band, Werewolf. If you're a fan of the 80s, then you'll love these guys. Click here to take a look at other music events happening downtown over the weekend.