BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services says that they have received approval to open four more DSNAP sites.
The parishes that have been approved for the new DSNAP sites are Catahoula, East Carroll, Franklin and St. Helena.
DCFS say that the DSNAP locations will be open Tuesday, April 12 through Friday April 14 from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the following locations:
- Catahoula Parish - LaSalle Community Action, 825 Highway 8, Sicily Island, LA
- East Carroll Parish - St. Patrick Catholic Church, Baker Hall Building, 209 Scarborough, Lake Providence, LA
- Franklin Parish - DCFS Office, 2406 West Street, Winnsboro, LA
- St. Helena Parish - Greater Turner Chapel AME, 875 Turner Chapel Road, Greensburg, LA
Residents of the parishes are encouraged to pre-register for DSNAP benefits online at www.dcfs.la.gov/dsnap. You can also pre-register by calling 1-888-524-3578 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
To register, residents will need to provide their name, social security number and date of birth for each member of the household, current address and parish of the household, monthly income for each household member and all liquid assets for each household member.
Applicants who have pre-applied for benefits are asked to show up to the DSNAP locations on the designated days based on their last names.
- Tuesday, April 12 - A through K
- Wednesday, April 13 - L through Z
- Thursday, April 14 - A through K
- Friday, April 15 - L through Z
For more information visit the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services website at www.dcfs.louisiana.gov.