BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Four more parishes have been added to the Disaster SNAP program to help more people affected by early March flooding.
Jackson, Rapides, Red River, and Sabine were added to the program, the Louisiana DCFS announced Tuesday. Residents who live in the following ZIP codes and do not currently receive SNAP benefits may be eligible for the DSNAP program.
- Jackson Parish: ZIP codes 71226, 71251, 71268, 71270
- Rapides Parish: ZIP codes 71301, 71302, 71303, 71360
- Red River Parish: ZIP code 71019
- Sabine Parish: ZIP codes 71429, 71449, 71486
The following DSNAP locations will be open Wednesday, March 30, through Sunday, April 3 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Jackson Parish
- Jackson Parish Police Jury Fain Building, 320 6th St., Jonesboro, LA 71251
- Rapides Parish
- Alexandria Mega Shelter, 8125 Hwy 71 South, Alexandria, LA 71302
- Red River Parish
- Department of Children and Family Services, 5040 Cutoff Road, Coushatta, LA 71019
- Sabine Parish
- Many Fire Department, 1710 San Antonio Avenue, Many, LA 71449
To help expedite the application process, DCFS is encouraging residents in all affected areas to pre-register for DSNAP benefits. You can do so at the Louisiana DCFS website. However, residents can also pre-register by phone at 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578) daily between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
All pre-registrants will have to provide the following information:
- Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth for each household member
- Current address and parish of household
- Monthly income for each household member
- All liquid assets for each household member (cash on hand, checking, savings)
Officials note the information will be kept securely on file and will be confidential
To minimize wait times, applicants and pre-registrants should go to a DSNAP location on one of the following days indicated by the first letter of their last name:
- Wednesday, March 30 - A-F
- Thursday, March 31 - G-N
- Friday, April 1 - O-Z
- Saturday, April 2 - A-K (applicants unable to make prior scheduled day)
- Sunday, April 3 - L-Z (applicants unable to make prior scheduled day)
The newest additions to the DSNAP program follow on the heels of Allen, Ascension, and Calcasieu Parishes being added to the program as well. More information on registration information in those parishes can be found HERE.