BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Baton Rouge Police arrested a woman after she allegedly overdosed, died, and was revived in a Walgreens bathroom.
According to an affidavit of probable cause from the BRPD, 35-year-old Shannon Dupre overdosed on a combination of heroin, crystal meth, and marijuana in the bathroom of the Walgreens on Plank Road.
Officers were contacted by Dupre's 7-year-old daughter, who was walking through the store alone and crying. The daughter told police she was in the bathroom along with her mother, who began injecting drugs before passing out. Investigators found multiple drugs and paraphernalia next to Dupre when they arrived on scene.
EMS officials say Dupre died and was revived with the narcotic overdose treatment Narcan. After she was taken to an area hospital for treatment, she was released to police custody.
Dupre is charged with possession of marijuana, heroin, crystal meth, and drug paraphernalia. She is also charged with child desertion, cruelty to juveniles, and illegal use of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a juvenile.