BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Firefighters said an electrical problem is to blame for a fire that caused major damage to a four-plex early Wednesday morning.
The St. George Fire Department reported it happened on Skysail Avenue between Mariner Drive and Port Drive just before 6 a.m.
Eldon Ledoux, spokesman for SGFD, said flames were seen in two of the apartments when firefighters arrived on the scene.
He added everyone inside the four-plex made it out safely and there were no injuries.
He also said investigators determined the fire started in one of the downstairs apartments, which was gutted by the fire.
The Red Cross was called out to help the 12 adults and three children living in the four-plex.