BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Firefighters with the St. George Fire Department rescued two dogs from a house fire Friday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to a call about a fire in the 16100 block of Batavia Avenue just before 5 p.m.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they discovered smoke coming from the attic vents.
Firefighters rescued two dogs from the home, a Pekingese and a Shih Tzu, who were both unharmed.
The owner of the home was not home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters managed to quickly bring the fire under control.
The home received moderate fire damage and serious smoke and water damage.
Officials believe the fire was cause by an electrical problem near the water heater.