BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Baton Rouge building that has been vacant for three months caught fire Wednesday morning.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called out to a vacant building the formerly housed Menzie Stone Company, Inc. around 9 a.m.
According to officials with the fire department, the fire was caused by workers using a grinder while making repairs to the building. It has been ruled accidental.
Fire fighters arrived on scene to find nearly half the building engulfed in flames. The fire was quickly contained.
St. Louis King of France School briefly sheltered inside the school gymnasium because of the close proximity of the fire to some classrooms. Hazmat Officers from the Baton Rouge Fire Dept. preformed air monitoring to assure safety of the school.
The all clear was given shortly after the fire was brought under control.
There were no reports of injuries.