House fire sparked by water heater, ruled accidental - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

House fire sparked by water heater, ruled accidental

(Source: WAFB) (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A house fire in downtown Baton Rouge was ruled accidental by the Baton Rouge Fire Department. 

A house in the 300 block of North 24th Street near Laurel caught on fire around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. 

Firefighters arrived on scene quickly and contained the fire before 5:45 p.m. 

The woman living in the house told BRFD that the water heater caught on fire as she was spraying expansion foam into cracks in the wall near it. The fire damaged the wall and moved into the attic before firefighters contained it.

Red Cross is helping out the woman who lived there. 

Copyright 2016 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly