HOUSTON, TX (WAFB) - When the LSU Tigers meet the Texas Tech Red Raiders on December 29th in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl, LSU will be making its 16th consecutive trip to a bowl game, a streak that started with the 2000 Peach Bowl.
LSU bowl game notes:
- LSU’s streak of 16 consecutive bowl games ranks as the fifth longest active streak, trailing Florida State (34), Virginia Tech (23), Georgia (19), and Oklahoma (17).
- LSU is 23-22-1 all-time in bowl games which includes a 6-4 mark under Les Miles.
- LSU is 48-3 in non-conference games under Les Miles (since 2005). The only 3 losses for LSU during Miles era came in bowl games – Penn State (2010 Capital One Bowl), Clemson (2012 Peach Bowl), Notre Dame (2014 Music City Bowl).
- LSU is 12-5 in neutral site games under Miles, which includes a 1-0 record at NRG Stadium (def. Wisconsin, 28-24 in 2014).
- LSU is 27-8 in 35 previous appearances in a domed stadium, which includes a 1-0 record this year (LSU def. Syracuse, 34-24, in Carrier Dome on Sept. 26).
- Of LSU’s 40 offensive TDs, underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) have accounted for 36 of the 40.
- This year, Fournette became the first player in SEC history to rush for 200 yards in three straight games (228 yards vs. Auburn, 244 vs. Syracuse and 233 vs. Eastern Michigan) and he also became the first player in SEC history to reach 1,000 yards in 5th game of season.
- LSU has allowed only 27 first quarter points all season and the Tigers have outscored opponents 69-27 in the opening quarter.
- LSU had its 35th 200-plus yard rushing game under Les Miles against Texas A&M. LSU has won 25 straight games when rushing for 200 or more yards as a team and the Tigers are 32-3 under Miles when reaching the mark. LSU’s last loss when rushing for 200 or more yards came against No. 1 Alabama in 2008 (L, 27-21 OT).
- LSU has scored 45 non-offensive TDs (24 special teams, 21 defensive) under Miles. The most recent came vs. Florida when PK Trent Domingue scored on a fake field goal.
- Of the players listed on the LSU depth chart, 19 started as true freshmen. 46 players listed on the offense/defense depth chart played as true freshmen. Under Miles, LSU has played 113 true freshmen, including 13 this year.
Information provided by LSU Sports Information.