BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The annual Christmas tree recycling program in East Baton Rouge Parish started the day after Christmas.
Drop-off collection sites will open Saturday and accept trees through Jan. 30, 2016. Here are those locations:
- Independence Park at 7500 Independence Boulevard
- Highland Road Park at 14024 Highland Road
- Kathy Drive Park, which is off O’Neal Lane by Team Toyota
- Flannery Road Park at 801 South Flannery Road
- LSU on Skip Bertman Drive in lot across from Vet School
Curbside collection will begin on Monday, Jan. 11, 2016 throughout the parish, except in Baker and Zachary. Curbside pickup will continue through Jan. 23, 2016.
Officials said there will be only one pickup in each area, so trees should be left out at the curb during those two weeks.
The trees should be placed at the curb separate from other trash. Tinsel, stands, lights and ornaments should be removed from the trees before they are placed for recycling. Also, plastic tree bags should not be used.