BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Governor-elect John Bel Edwards held a news conference Wednesday afternoon to make personnel announcements.
During the news conference, he announced a few members of his cabinet and executive staff for his term.
"Louisiana faces significant challenges, but I have never been more optimistic about the future of our state," Edwards said. "We're assembling the best team possible that is well-positioned to tackle these challenges from day one. I am honored to serve alongside each of these individuals and look forward to working with them as we begin a new day in the State of Louisiana."
For his cabinet:
- Adjutant General, Louisiana National Guard – Major General Glenn Curtis
- Superintendent, Louisiana State Police – Colonel Michael Edmonson
- Secretary, Department of Veterans Affairs – Joey Strickland
- Secretary, Department of Transportation and Development – Shawn Wilson
- Secretary, Louisiana Economic Development – Don Pierson
- Secretary, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries – Charlie Melancon
- Commissioner, Office of Motor Vehicle – Karen St. Germain
- Commissioner, Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control – Juana Marine-Lombard
For his staff:
- Executive Counsel – Matthew Block
- Special Counsel – Erin Monroe Wesley
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications, Legal, Special Projects – Julie Baxter Payer
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Intergovernmental Affairs – Toye Taylor
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Programming and Planning – Johnny G. Anderson
"Louisiana's brightest days are ahead. Each of these individuals is uniquely qualified to help move our state forward," Edwards said. "From economic development and jobs, to access to healthcare, to ensuring we're educating our young adults for the future, our staff will be ready to get to work for the people of this state, and I could not be more honored to have them join in this effort."
Inauguration for the new governor will be held on Jan. 11, 2016.