BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - As the weather gets colder outside, the American Red Cross says to be prepared for potential hazards inside.
When the cold weather arrives, people begin using space heaters to keep their homes warm. The Red Cross reminds everyone to be aware when using such devices, as they can spark fires.
In order to prevent the same thing from happening to you, the Red Cross suggests keeping all heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
They also remind fireplace owners to never leave a fire burning unattended.