Crime Stoppers: River murder mystery

Crime Stoppers: Lindsay Ellixson murder
Lindsay Ellixson (Source: Ellixson family)
Lindsay Ellixson (Source: Ellixson family)
Lindsay Ellixson (Source: Ellixson family)
Lindsay Ellixson (Source: Ellixson family)

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The 8500 block of Tiger Bend as it passes over Claycut Bayou, just south of the Shenandoah area in East Baton Rouge, is normally a pretty quiet place to go and d rop a line, maybe catch a fish. But that quiet place would produce a horrible scene in 2013.

On November 16, 2013, fishermen found a body, later identified as 21-year-old Lindsay Ellixson, in the river.

"She appears to have been dumped here, somewhere along the waterway" said Sgt. Richard Decuir with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, who was at that scene.

But where? Over the bridge? And when? Still so many questions about a young woman who bounced around a lot.

"She frequented Livingston Parish, Ascension Parish, Iberville Parish, specifically Plaquemine" said Decuir.

Even with all those places in her past, she wasn't really from here. She was only in the area for about a year and half after coming from the Orlando area. As you can imagine her folks were shocked when those phone calls started coming in asking about their daughter. Her father, Chris Ellixson, took many of those first calls.

"They've been asking for every possible contact," said Chris Ellixson. "Where's she been, who's she been with? Places she's been, phone numbers she called us from."

Investigators were looking for anything that might steer them in a particular direction.

As you can imagine it was all very difficult for her family. She was one of three kids, all adopted. Her two younger brothers, both Marines, continue to try and deal with what is now their reality. Their big sister is dead. The key now is filling in the gaps. She was found November 16, but the last time family heard from her was far before that, according to investigators.

"The last time we know she spoke with her mother was November 3" said Decuir.

That's about two weeks. Where was she? Who was she with? What was she doing? Detectives are calling this murder particularly brutal and violent.

So many questions, still so much help needed for a woman her father called the leader of the pack when she was a kid. Let's see if we can't
lead them in the right direction here.

Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 225-344-7867. You can remain anonymous.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.