BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Firefighters were called out to a small fire caused by a piece of equipment inside a large distribution center early Monday morning.
The St. George Fire Department reported it happened at Associated Grocers just before 1:30 a.m.
Eldon Ledoux with SGFD said firefighters found a floor-sweeping machine on fire inside and there was heavy smoke.
He added the workers had made it out safely and no one was injured.
Officials said the sprinkler system helped to keep the fire from spreading and firemen finished putting it out.
According to Ledoux, there was only minor damage. Firefighters also ventilated the smoke from the building.