Caparotta: Invest 91L shows signs of developing into tropical de - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Caparotta: Invest 91L shows signs of developing into tropical depression or tropical storm

MIAMI, FL (WAFB) -

Meteorologist Steve Caparotta said Invest 91L appears to be well on its way to becoming the next tropical depression or Tropical Storm Grace in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean.

The National Hurricane Center reported a tropical wave a couple of hundred miles off the coast of Africa continues to show signs of organization and has the potential for development.

Forecasters gave it a medium (40 percent) chance of development in the next two days and a medium (60 percent) chance of development in the next five days.

The 9Storm Team will follow the latest on the system to keep you informed.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

  • Inside WAFBMore>>

  • Latest Details

    Hurricane Center

    Hurricane Center

    Hurricane Harvey (Source: WAFB)Hurricane Harvey (Source: WAFB)

    WAFB's Hurricane Tracking Center is always filled with helpful links and lots of information to keep your family safe during any kind of storm.

    More >>

    WAFB's Hurricane Tracking Center is always filled with helpful links and lots of information to keep your family safe during any kind of storm.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly