Man tazed after being shot twice by private security guard in bizarre incident

Man tazed after being shot twice by private security guard in bizarre incident

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Police are investigating a bizarre crash and shooting that sent a man to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds Thursday morning.

The Baton Rouge Police Department reported it happened on South Sherwood Forest near Major Oak Drive around 8:30 a.m. Sherwood Forest was closed between Old Hammond Boulevard and Goodwood Boulevard for some time while detectives collected evidence.

Investigators said a 33-year-old man crashed into "multiple things" while driving on North Sherwood Forest Boulevard and then stopped in oncoming traffic on South Sherwood Forest Boulevard.

They added a 23-year-old man who works as a security guard saw the stopped vehicle and went to check on the driver. Authorities reported the driver started a fight with the security guard and the security guard ended up shooting the driver during the fight. They added the driver was not armed. That is when about 12 police officers arrived on the scene.

In video obtained by 9News, the man who was shot by the security guard is seen crawling and visibly hurt. With guns drawn, police officers attempted to arrest the man. When he continues to move around, police appear to taze him twice.

Police said the driver suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the stomach. He was taken to the hospital. His condition is unknown. Police added no charges have been filed at this time, but there could be some filed later against the driver.

People who live in the area where the shooting happened said they want more answers about the incident.

"It's concerning because I live alone with my mom and it just goes through your mind what kind of people are in your neighborhood and it's concerning because you just want to know what's going on in your community," Madi Ford said.

Names have not been released.

The investigation is ongoing.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.