House fire on Paige St. caused by overloaded electrical cord - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

House fire on Paige St. caused by overloaded electrical cord

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, an electrical issue was the cause behind a house fire on Paige Street.

Fire fighters were called out the to 4500 block of Paige Street around 12:30 p.m. Monday. They found a pile of clothing and parts of a bedroom wall on fire. It was put out by 12:47 p.m.

BRFD spokesperson Curt Monte said that the cause of the fire was an overloaded extension cord.

No one was injured in the fire. The rest of the house had minor smoke damage.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly