Investigators blame extension cord for house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Investigators blame extension cord for house fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire investigators said an overloaded extension cord caused a house to go up in flames early Tuesday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on Mission Drive around 12:30 a.m. 
 
Firefighters said the family living at the home escaped unharmed and the flames were quickly put out.  

The damage was reportedly contained to one bedroom and the rest of the home received heavy smoke damage.

The American Red Cross is now helping the family.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly