BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Baton Rouge Firefighters battled an apartment fire early Saturday morning.
According to firefighters, a call came in just before 2:30 a.m. about a fire at an apartment complex in the 11400 block of Bard Avenue. When crews arrived, they found fire coming from an upstairs unit.
Crews were able to get the fire under control quickly and contain the fire to just one apartment. Some of the other units in the building received smoke and water damage.
Firefighters consider the fire to be accidental and say that they believe the fire originated on the stove.
EMS treated one firefighter at the scene after he became overheated.
The Red Cross was contacted to give assistance to residence of the apartment building.