Propane bottle causes fire on roof of hospital - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Propane bottle causes fire on roof of hospital

BATON ROUGE, LA (AP) -

St. George Firefighters say they were called out to Baton Rouge General at Bluebonnet after reports of a fire that sparked on the roof. The fire happened around 10:15 am Saturday morning.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find a fire on the roof in a construction area above the intensive care units. The fire was caused when a propane bottle that was used to heat tar caught fire. It was confined to a small portion of the hospital and did not affect the entire hospital complex. The fire was contained and extinguished quickly, there were no injuries reported. 

Copyright WAFB 2015. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly