ADDIS, LA (WAFB) - After a 9News investigation uncovered several violations, an Addis apartment complex where a 1-year-old girl was electrocuted is nearly back up to par, according to the State Fire Marshal's Office.
State Fire Marshal investigators said they found approximately 140 violations on Friday including live, high voltage wires uncovered or sticking out from AC units and electrical boxes.
The body of 1-year-old Kristiana Tillman was found on June 22 near an AC unit that had live wires uncovered.
Investigators also found a majority of the smoke detectors in 48 units were damaged or not working.
Officials say all electrical issues have been fixed. There are working smoke detectors in all units and fire extinguishers are up to date with current tags.
They also found improper smoke barriers in the attics. The owners have until July 26 to fix those.