ADDIS, LA (WAFB) - Police are looking into the circumstances surrounding a 1-year-old child getting electrocuted Monday.
Family members identified the victim as Kristiana Tillman of Addis.
The Addis Police Department reported the incident happened as the child was playing outside with older kids who were between five and 10 years old.
Shawanda Lee, the victim's mother, said her child grabbed an exposed air conditioning wire and was electrocuted.
"She was a great daughter; I looked up to her so much," Lee said. "She was everything to me. I loved her so much. I know I won't be able to sleep tonight because she is always under me. I spoiled her. She was my first child. She was all I had."
Police Chief Ricky Anderson said there does not appear to be foul play. It is not known if any charges will be filed.