Knocked over candle sets one alarm house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Knocked over candle sets one alarm house fire

(Source: Ben Gauthier/WAFB) (Source: Ben Gauthier/WAFB)

A lit candle is blamed for the burning of about 70 percent of a home on Robin Street.

Fire officials say that a candle was knocked over in the single-family home at about 4:00 a.m. on Saturday. First responders were able to put the fire out in about 30 minutes.

Official estimates place the damages to be about $55,000. No injuries were reported.

Copyright WAFB 2015. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly