BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Officials with LSU say that people wanting to support the Tigers should only look for officially licensed merchandise.
Prompted by the Tigers making it to Omaha for the College World Series, LSU representative Earnie Ballard sent out a reminder to fans, saying that they should look for the "Officially Licensed Collegiate Product" label when buying LSU gear. "This label assures the consumer that the product has been approved and represents the goodwill of the university," says Ballard.
Ballard warns that products that do not bear the official label could be subject to copyright infringement penalties. There are multiple things that a fan can do before buying a product to ensure that what they are about to by is officially licensed:
- Look for the Officially Licensed Collegiate Product hologram sticker on the product or tag.
- Make sure the merchandise uses the LSU name and logo in a tasteful manner, as the university would not approve of distateful designs.
- The clothing tag should be intact. If it is not, it could indicate a lower quality material that LSU would not use in their official products.
- The merchandise should have the manufacturer name on the tag, neck label, or screen printed directly on the product.
- All products should have trademark designations next to a copyrighted or trademarked design.
For a complete list of official LSU Tiger merchants throughout the state, visit LSU's website HERE.